7/17/2011

See no Evil!

Here is a finished version of my illustration for See no Evil!


This piece is from the series, "See no evil, Hear no evil, Speak no evil", which is a concept I find very interesting. Usually when you think about this phrase, you'd imagine three monkeys covering their eyes, ears, and mouths with their hands. I decided it would be interesting to paint ladies with flowers covering them instead.

When I dug deeper into the subject, I found out that it was actually based from Japan's Sanzaru ( 三猿 ) or the Three Wise Monkeys. I had always thought it was a western concept somehow since it's always appeared in popular culture. Wow! You learn something new everyday!

If you haven't done so, please check out my previous post for a fast speed video of me painting this piece!

I am currently working on concepts for Hear no evil and Speak no evil, please stay tuned for more illustrations!

No comments:

Post a Comment