5/04/2012

Have a cup of tea

Hello! It's May!

I'm working on a new serie of illustrations: Have a cup of tea.
Here are the first couple of pieces.

Dandy Gentleman Earl Grey:


Dainty Little Miss Rosebud:


The concept is for this project is to depict the teas as people. Since I am a tea lover, this project is really fun :) To me, different teas have different feelings to them. The aftertaste really can translate into images.

My all time favorite is indeed Earl Grey. Since Earl is a tea with class, associating with the past British Prime Minister, I decided to illustrate him as a regal man. Earl also has a citrus addition, so I thought it would be fun to make him a bit of a fruity, Dandy man.

The second image is of Rosebud Tea. Rosebud is an herbal tea, very beneficial to women. It's got a floral scent and it's mild in taste, so it makes a lot of sense she would be a feminine little lady.

More to come! So many different kinds of teas to illustrate, so many ideas floating!

How about you? What's your favorite tea?

No comments:

Post a Comment