4/02/2009

Some work and sketches!

This is one of the pieces of my thesis work at OCAD. My thesis topic is on dreams and what dreams mean in the sequence of one's life. Most of the dreams are based on Asian beliefs, but some of the dream subjects are based on Western beliefs as well. So this piece is--dreaming of gems means you will have a baby. That's a bit odd, huh? I don't think they have any relation with each other at all. That's why I like my thesis topic, it's fun to work on.

So these are my sketches:



both of these ideas never got used...I liked them, but there's some more elements I think this piece needs....so I did more sketches.



The one on the left was eventually made into a final. (The one my prof and I agree it's got potential)
...and here's the finished product!

3 comments:

  1. just a dream, i loved it!! it`s amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the jewl of megacrit. wheres the butterfly? you know the one you RIPPED off someone? hah right.. not seroius but srlsly put it up its just as awesome WERD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA...JJ, ripped off someone...ouch...hurts everytime I hear it.

    I'll put it up later on I suppose?

    I'm gonna link your blog to mine if that's cool with you :)

    ReplyDelete