2/24/2011

new Illustration: Dorian Gray


I've finished my new illustration, finally!
After months of working on this piece, I'm happy to say it is done! I'm really proud of how it turned out.

This illustration is for Oscar Wilde's classic novel, The Picture of Dorian Gray. It's one of my most favorites. It's funny how I found the book,it was just lying on the street one day. I only believe in fate half way, but I think it's destined that I found this book. After I read it, I couldn't put it down. I really love the book so much I decided to paint it for my next Self-Promo I'm sending out in a few months.

I decided to leave Dorian's face blank since the book focuses on vanity and how Dorian's appearance is so aesthetically pleasing, his insides however are the exact opposite. That being said, I decided to focus my attentions on painting the flowers and plants in the illustration, some being in full bloom but seems to be rotting at the same time.

Although I love painting decorative images, this is my first time working on this much detailing. Each flower takes at least an hour to paint! But it was an overall fun experience, I'd love to paint more flowers and plants in the future!!

drawing linears for the piece...

while choosing between 2 colours, as you can see, I went with blue! Right choice, indeedy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment