10/08/2009

lately

A little blog update, non-illustration related. Just some random stuff I like!
I bought caramel candies from glico. They're heart shaped and I also got a free toy :)

As you can see, Cocoa wants it too!

The candy wrapper is so cute, it can be used as a bow. haha.

I also want to post these. These are Re-ment. They're basically small miniatures. They're so cute and I love them. (People who really know me will say that I like all things small..haha so true) Every time I go into stores with re-ments, I just go stare at them for 10 minutes without buying them. But I finally got them when my sister bought it for me from when she went to Japan! Thank you ^_^ These are the food set with a cake, curry on rice, senbe and etc. There's even a pack of yogurt drink! Ah~ super cute, don't you think?

Also, I'm taking a class on European Art: Baroque and Rococo, which is one of my favorite classes that I've ever taken. My prof Francis Broun is the coolest prof ever! He makes this class so much fun to be in. I never realized how amazing Bernini's work is until this day. Sure, I've seen them somewhere before...but I was awestruck when I saw this:

This is Pluto and Persephone. It's so amazing. Can you believe it's marble? It looks so much like flesh...and the details on the fingers clutching the thigh...wow. Makes me want to go to Italy and see everything. Some day for sure, I'll go see many amazing art :)

Exam and essay due next week. Wish me luck!

credits: chantalpowell

No comments:

Post a Comment